Sarawak Black Pepper 500gm
- Black pepper is a good source of manganese and iron.
- Black pepper helps the body to metabolize and digest food.
- Black pepper helps the stomach to digest fats and meat proteins.
- Black pepper aids the body in the absorption of the nutrients and the vitamins in food.
- Black pepper is also a powerful antioxidant.
The health benefits of black pepper include relief from respiratory disorders, coughs, the common cold, constipation, indigestion, anemia, impotency, muscular strains, dental disease, pyorrhea, diarrhea, and heart disease.
Black pepper is the fruit of the black pepper plant from the Piperaceae family and is used as both a spice and a medicine. The chemical piperine, which is present in black pepper, causes the spiciness. It is native to Kerala, the southern state of India. Since ancient times, black pepper is one of the most widely traded spices in the world. It is not considered a seasonal plant and is therefore available throughout the year. When dried, this plant-derived spice is referred to as a peppercorn, and is then ground into a powder to be put on food to add flavor and spice.
Because of its antibacterial properties, pepper is also used to preserve food. It is a rich source of manganese, iron, potassium, vitamic-C, vitamin-K, and dietary fiber. Black pepper is also a very good anti-inflammatory agent.